Saturday, December 5, 2009

don't you trust me?

I have no other image LOL



Argh, upset-provoked entry.
I want to go down somewhere these holidays with my friend
But i'm having a hard time because my parents won't let me.

I understand there point of view, but I wish they could trust me and try to understand my point of view too. They protect me so much, to the point, I have no identity. I'll always be the little, innocent and weak girl, affected about what others think of her, forever living in fear of a world she doesn't know how to handle. I haven't been exposed to the bad side of the world, and so when I entered the work force, I just completely cracked and couldn't handle the way people treat me. Everytime I get told off, which is often, I want to cry. It's because I'm not use to it, I've been protected so much of my life, ALL my life to the point I'm so worrisome and paranoid all of the time. I have to confidence and no common sense.

So I'm just sitting here, upset because yet again, I totally see myself not doing much these holidays. I'm an adult next year, and when I grow up and tell my children what kind of a life I can, i can tell them I didn't have one. I did nothing when I was younger, and all these things you're suppose to experience when you're a teenager will cease when my birthday hits next year and I'm an adult. I'm going to get old, and still not be allowed freedom. I feel like a bird trapped in a cage, wanting to spread my wings and fly, but enclosed by the bars which are my parents.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where they are coming from. I'm a girl, so they want to protect me, but seriously - I'm over protected. A lot of us, over protected kids usually go off the rails and rebel. I've heard of cases where families restrict their children so much, that when they're finally free they go crazy and binge drink and do drugs. My parents should feel good that they have me, because I'm an angel compared to a lot of other people. I don't do any of those things and I have a preference over history books than partying. SEE! Why can't they trust me?! I'm such an angel - I mean I READ HISTORY BOOKS IN MY SPARE TIME FOR FUN. I wouldn't rebel and do something nasty, would I?

Don't you trust me?
Why can't you trust me?
Please, just, let me go
Let me experience the world for once
Let me be free for once

Let me,
Be Happy for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment